Spotlight on Vitamin C
What does it do?
Vitamin C provides potent antioxidant protection, shielding skin from damaging free radicals—those pesky rogue molecules that promote premature aging.
The most common free radical damage is caused by environmental factors we cannot escape unless we lived in a magical bubble suit! Think sun damage, pollution, smoke…OH MY! Given the absence of fashionable bubble suits on the market, the best option to combat such free radicals would be using antioxidant protection. And that, my friend, is where Vitamin C comes in handy (Dermatological Surgery, 2008 & Dermatology Research and Practice, 2012).
Adding a dose of vitamin c into your daily skincare routine can do the following:
- Reduce the appearance of brown spots and other types of sun damage
- Helps boost healthy collagen production (hello, firmer skin!)
- Reduce inflammation and irritation, both of which cause a cascade of damage
- Fade post-breakout red marks by improving skin’s natural healing response
- Increase the effectiveness of your sunscreens and boosts your skins defense against UV exposure
Who should use Vitamin C products?
- Anyone who would like to trade in brown spots, pigmentation, dry, dull, listless skin for even skin tone and a fresher brighter complexion
- Anyone who doesn’t fancy wearing a bubble suit
- Anyone not in possession of mermaid tears or a map to the fountain of youth
Vitamin C is a powerful tool in your anti-aging arsenal. For best results, use it strategically and as part of a routine that includes a daily broad-spectrum sunscreen plus irritant-free products that contain a skin-pleasing mix of antioxidants, skin-repairing agents, and cell-communicating ingredients.